- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces, patted dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias, greens and whites separated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/4 cups Progresso chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3/4 cup La Choy teriyaki stir-fry sauce and marinade (from 14-oz bottle)
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
🔹In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and salt; cook 6 to 8 minutes on first side, without moving, until chicken is browned on bottom and releases easily from pan. Stir chicken; stir in green onion whites and bell pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
🔹Stir broth, teriyaki sauce and rice into chicken mixture in Dutch oven. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
🔹Reduce heat to medium-low; cover, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.
🔹Remove from heat. Stir in snow peas; cover, and let stand 2 to 4 minutes to soften snow peas. Stir; top with green onion greens.
🔸Save some time by purchasing bagged snow peas. They are available in most grocery stores.
🔸Oil should be hot before adding chicken to avoid sticking.